3 January 2010

Leave all your love and your loving behind you.

Somebody left me a question in my formspring. I knew that me being me, I'd start rambling on and tumblr's not so great for long text posts, so I decided to answer the question here.

What is love? What are your experiences of it?

If I were able to answer questions briefly it'd go like this;
1) no idea. 2) none whatsover.

However I can't and so here begins my big long rambly version;
Love is something I couldn't possibly begin to describe because I have no idea what it is or what it's like. I've read many descriptions of it - some short & sweet, others poetic & flowery, but I don't feel like I've ever found a satisfactory description of it. Maybe that's because I've never experienced it. I guess it's a bit like faith - some people believe there is something watching over them & guiding them, they just can't describe it. Personally, my description of love would be something that happens to other people. I know people who love each other but I just don't think that will ever happen to me. I think I'll just pass the years by keeping close acquaintances rather than falling in love with somebody. I'll end up in "relationships", though they could hardly be called that, when I'm feeling lonely. I'd call guys up on occassion if I didn't want to go to the cinema alone or I felt like having someone to cuddle up with on the sofa whilst eating takeaways and watching foreign films. If I got bored of their company I'd simply cut ties with them. I see myself doing things lovers do but I can't see myself on a relationship with someone or spending the rest of my life with someone or falling head over heels in love with someone. I realise I sound like a terrible person and perhaps I am, but I just cannot see myself ever falling in love. So my "experience" of love will most likely never happen and I think I'm okay with that.
I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment