Wow. Creating a new blog on January 1st... how very original.
For once I thought I'd start something new on the international "everybody gets a clean slate" day that is New Years Day.
This blog will be the fourth blog I've had in around two years or so; I'm not very good at sticking with the one blog for a prolonged period of time. I haven't done a blog post for a couple of months now - I felt it was time to start afresh and focus my attention more on what's going on in the world rather than purely on what's happening in my world.
Anyway, enough on that. It's a new year and a new decade - all very exciting when you consider just how much has changed over the past ten years. Remember when you hadn't even heard of an iPod, nevermind lusted over an iPhone crammed full of apps, films and games? Remember the cutting edge mobiles having snake, nevermind touchscreens, cameras or bluetooth headsets? Remember a time without Facebook/Twitter/Myspace/Bebo etc? When you look back on how different life is now compared to 2000 it makes you even more excited to see what's going to happen in these next ten years. By then end of this decade I'll be 27 -having left high school, went to University, moved out, been travelling and hopefully having had a reasonably successful start to my career.
However, taking the focus away from the next few years to this year - I'm still unsure as to what I want out of 2010. 2009 was such a learning experience for me, not always in the best of ways, but a learning experience nonetheless. I've got a lot to look forward to this year already - going to see Kelly Clarkson on the 11th of February, the new Maroon 5 album will be released, I'll finish high school, (hopefully) I'll be going to Le mans and (hopefully) I'll be going to the University of my choice. As for resolutions I have no idea. The future has some sort of a shape to it, but the rest is just a blank canvus & I don't know what I want the end result to look like as of yet. I guess you can never predict what's going to happen - I certainly had no clue that 2009 would turn out the way it did - and so I suppose that's why I prefer to adapt to whatever situations arise rather than have plans set in stone that then crumble when something unexpected happens.
Okay, okay. Brief outlines for this year are as follows;
- fill my filofax with many, many social events
- save up my money/get a job to fund university and travelling
- ace any university interviews I am invited to
- pass exams
- have a wonderful summer
- have the full university experience
- make the most out of the year
- have fun
Oh and find somebody who makes me howl...
If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment