Got an interview for the Journalism course at Glasgow Caledonian!
I swear I'm like Zebedee from The Magic Roundabout on drugs right now.
The interview itself involves;
"Simple questions on current affairs (these questions will not be difficult for anyone who reads the papers, watches TV news, and listens to news/speech radio stations); correcting a piece of poorly-written news journalism, on which we ask that you identify errors of spelling, punctuation, grammar or consistency; and writing a single local news story on computer from supplied material. As we are also BJTC accredited, we will also ask you to complete a short ‘voice test’ where you will be recorded reading a short piece.
In the interview we will want to find out more about your ambitions in journalism, what you may have learned already from any work-experience, and your views on current news media.
We also require you to bring along at least one (and no more than three) example(s) of your own original journalistic writing. If you do not have any such published pieces – from say, the school or local paper, a magazine, a website, radio station script, whatever – simply write a report meeting the attached brief, and bring it along with you."
Yeah. It's a tough one but I think it just proves how good the course is - they only want the best students. I just wish I didn't have these prelims so I could focus on becoming an expert in current affairs, test my spelling/grammar/punctuation, write a couple of articles, practice reading aloud and prepare for an interview.
It's going to be a hard interview, but I'm determined to do well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment